Monday, April 11, 2011

Five Things to Combat Monday Blues

1) Cherry Blossoms

 x
Really sorry but I forgot where I got this image from!
I have never seen a place filled with cherry blossom trees before, just individual ones in Exeter/London However, I always found them beautiful.

The Tsunami in Japan, constant earthquakes and meltdown of the nuclear powerplant has taken the lives of many. In the past, during this time of the year, millions would be out celebrating the start of spring. Parks would be filled with fully bloomed cherry blossom trees. However, due to the disaster, such parks has been destroyed and all celebrations has been cancelled.

Mother nature is scary and unpredictable but I hope Japan will recover soon and I will be doing my part by donating to red cross (and I hope you would to).

I know posting this sort of thing is kind of contradictory, seeing that the title is 'Five Thing to Combat Monday Blues'. But I thought it would be insensitive to talk about how beautiful cherry blossoms without mentioning about the situation in Japan.

2) Cath Kidston


 x

I absolutely adore Cath Kidston items. It is a UK based brand, named after the designer herself. Her items are really adorable and in my opinion, suit anyone between the ages 7-30. I particularly love her keyrings, iphone cases, purses and wallets! Some of her items are a bit overpriced but I think for the quality, I am willing to pay that amount. 

I bought for myself a passport clutch (first picture on the left), keyring and a cosmetic pouch from them. I also bought a couple of items for my friends, as gifts from UK and they are really in love with it(: 

Seriously, if you are looking for cute yet durable items, you should head on over to Cath Kidtson! 

3) Trousers


I really envy people who can wear trousers. I have been wanting to create an outfit featuring a pair of trousers but I just look short and fat in them *CRIES*. 

I am really in love with Wendy of Blackcoffeecrumbs' outfit (first picture) ! It is so clean, simple and chic! I like how it look so effortless. Do hop on over to her blog and style-stalk her! 

4) White Lace
mine
My obsession with white lace has got to do with the fact that spring is here! Also because I have been searching for the perfect perfect lace waist coat.

I love everyone's outfits, especially Ane's (second picture)! She looks really pretty and innocent in her outfit! Do check out her blog (it's filled with sweetness - something that will really brighten up your day!). Anyway, I like how everyone worked their lace garment. They all give different vibe, not just sweetness.

5) Paris 





All photos taken from: x

My brother and I are planning to take a trip to Paris during our summer holidays. I am hoping that he keeps to his word and not break the promise because he overspent! I can totally imagine myself going from one cafe to another, enjoying the delicious pastries and macarons that Paris has to offer! 

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this week's 'Five Things to Combat Monday Blues' and I will try to do this regularly! 

xoxo, 

4 comments:

  1. Wooohoo, my photo is on your blog!!! Ahaha I want Cath Kidston stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me in your blog! It is such an honour ! :D
    Cherry blossom Kit Kats? I want it here in Malaysia!

    p/s I'm so happy that you're blogging again, Keep it up, don't give up! <3


    Lotsa love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink kit kat wrappers - love love love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. valencia:
    I will try to look for some items for you when i visit the shop again

    Wendy:
    haha, no problem. I doubt there are any in Singapore either.

    kirstyb:
    yes and it tastes great too! I got to try it when my friend bought it for me when she went to Japan last year.

    ReplyDelete