Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nail Art Time! #1



I really love trying out new things, especially DIYs and to me the easiest thing to DIY is nail art. I try to paint my nails on a regular basis (have stopped for 2-3 months now because my nails were getting brittle).

I have came across videos on Konad stamps on youtube and was very intrigued by it because its nail art made easy. However, I didn't purchase their products to try.

So the other day when I was at Far East Plaza, I came across a shop called Konad and I immediately thought of Konad stamps. I was super excited when I bought the products (items selling at a very affordable price) and couldn't wait to try it out. However, I waited for 2 days before trying it as I was waiting for the nail polish on my nails to chip.

Above is the final product of my first try at using Konad stamps. It is a pretty simple design. It is supposed to be a french tip with a single bow however, the design on the french tip kinda got smudged when I applied the top coat (i used a rly light nail polish for the tip).

My thoughts on Konad stamps:
It is very easy to use and does not require any skills! It might get a bit messy during your first try but it is definitely worth purchasing especially if you want to paint your own nails without having to go get a manicure or are horrible at drawing (like me).

Note that Konad recommended using their own special nail polish for stamping but I think using your own nail polish is fine too, as long as it is thick enough.

Here is a video teaching you how to use Konad stamps:     Konad

PS: After this, there should be lesser people complaining about having not enough time/patience to do their own nail art on their nails!

PS PS: the image stamped on your finger dries REALLY quickly, super convenient of impatient people!

xoxo,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment